Friday, November 28, 2008

My Little Pilgrim...

Because David was home and available to watch the kids, I got to go to Grant's little Thanksgiving feast at school all by myself. (I love having my kids all around, but I truly cherish the one-on-one moments with them when I can just revel in their cuteness.) The kids did a little mini-program with a skit and a couple of songs and then they FEASTED. Here are a few photos...

( Yes, I gave birth to that head!)

After the feast, he showed me the little book he made about Thanksgiving, and I asked him to tell me about each page. Here's our conversation regarding the first page...

Me: "What is this a picture of, Grant?"

Grant: "That's a battleship."

Me: "Really? I kinda thought it might be the ship the pilgrims sailed to America on."

Grant: "Oh yeah. That's what it is."

Me: "Do you remember the name of the ship they sailed on?"

Grant: "Um...The Cauliflower?"

Close, sweetie. Very, very close.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! May you gather some sweet, sweet memories.

No comments: